The Rising Star Award, established in 2021 by the Academy of Educators, recognizes a current early career Washington University faculty member who shows exceptional promise as an educator through contributions in one or more domains of educational service, leadership, or scholarship.
2022 Rising Star Recipients
2021 Rising Star Award Recipients
- Joan P. Noelker, MD, MACM
- Ilana Rosman, MD
- Anup Shetty, MD
- Lisa Zickuhr, MD
Submission Deadline: Friday, May 12, 2023 at 5p
Application review criteria: criteria matrix.
Before submitting your nomination, please review the following information to assist you in submitting an appropriate nomination.
- Nominees are current faculty at Washington University.
- Nominees have less than 6 years as faculty in an academic teaching setting. Academic appointments held prior to joining Washington University may be included.
- The brief statement of qualifications should include how the nominee’s contributions align with the criteria matrix.
- Nominee’s Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Nominee’s Clinician-Educator Portfolio (CEP) or a Summary of Educational Activities
- One structured letter of support from a faculty member validating the nominee’s contributions must be submitted at the time of the initial nomination. The nominator may list themselves as the letter writer.
- Supplementary documentation examples can be provided if relevant and available.
Megan Wren, MD (Chair)
Suzie Thibodeaux, MD (Vice-Chair)
Michael Awad, MD
Steven Cheng, MD
Koong-Nah Chung, PhD
Erika Crouch, MD, PhD
Shelby Dickison, MD
Laura Hall, MD
Nigar Kirmani, MD
Steve Lawrence, MD
Michelle Miller-Thomas, MD
Nathan Olafsen, MD
Bethany Sacks, MD
Sharlene Teefey, MD