The Exemplary Educator Award, established in 2022 by the Academy of Educators, recognizes a faculty member who is actively building a legacy as an educator through contributions in one or more domains of education and mentorship. Current Washington University faculty nominated for the Exemplary Educator Award should be at the Assistant Professor or Associate Professor level with at least six years of service as faculty in an academic teaching setting. Academic appointments held prior to joining Washington University may be included. Nominations may be submitted by faculty, course leaders, program directors, and department leaders. Nominations should include a brief statement summarizing the nominee’s qualifications, one letter of recommendation at the time of submission (nominator may serve as letter writer) and one additional name of faculty able to submit letters of recommendation in support of the nominee.
2022 Exemplary Educator Award Recipients
Nominations Accepted: Spring, 2023
Nomination review criteria: criteria matrix
Before submitting your nomination, please review the following information to assist you in submitting an appropriate nomination.
- Nominees are current faculty at Washington University.
- Nominees are at the Assistant or Associate Professor level.
- Nominees have at least 6 years as faculty in an academic teaching setting. Academic appointments held prior to joining Washington University may be included.
- The statement of qualifications should include how the nominee’s contributions align with the criteria matrix.
- Two individual faculty members must be listed who are willing to write a letter of support validating the nominee’s contributions. The nominator may list themselves as a letter writer. One letter must be submitted at the time of initial nomination.
- Supplementary documentation examples can be provided if relevant and available.
Megan Wren, MD (Chair)
Suzie Thibodeaux, MD (Vice-Chair)
Michael Awad, MD
Steven Cheng, MD
Koong-Nah Chung, PhD
Erika Crouch, MD, PhD
Shelby Dickison, MD
Laura Hall, MD
Nigar Kirmani, MD
Steve Lawrence, MD
Michelle Miller-Thomas, MD
Nathan Olafsen, MD
Nandini Raghuraman, MD
Bethany Sacks, MD
Sharlene Teefey, MD
Paul Wise, MD