Recognizing outstanding contributions by faculty in health science education, the Lifetime Achievement Award is among the highest honors Washington University faculty can achieve. The awards were established in 2021 by the Academy of Educators to honor a faculty member who has shown a lifelong commitment to education and demonstrates excellence in one or more domains of educational service, leadership, or scholarship.
2022 Lifetime Achievement Award Recipients
2021 Lifetime Achievement Award Recipients
Nominations Accepted: Spring 2023
Nomination review criteria: criteria matrix
Before submitting your nomination, please review the following information to assist you in submitting an appropriate nomination.
- Nominees are at the Associate Professor or Professor level.
- Nominees are current faculty at Washington University.
- Nominees have at least 20 years as faculty in academic teaching setting. Academic appointments held prior to joining Washington University may be included.
- The statement of qualifications should include how the nominee’s contributions align with the criteria matrix.
- Three individuals must be listed who are willing to write a letter of support validating the nominee’s contributions. The nominator may list themselves as a letter writer. One letter must be submitted at the time of initial nomination.
- Supplementary documentation examples can be provided if relevant and available.
Megan Wren, MD (Chair)
Suzie Thibodeaux, MD (Vice-Chair)
Michael Awad, MD
Steven Cheng, MD
Koong-Nah Chung, PhD
Erika Crouch, MD, PhD
Shelby Dickison, MD
Laura Hall, MD
Nigar Kirmani, MD
Steve Lawrence, MD
Michelle Miller-Thomas, MD
Nathan Olafsen, MD
Nandini Raghuraman, MD
Bethany Sacks, MD
Sharlene Teefey, MD
Paul Wise, MD