Washington University School of Medicine’s Academy is a service-based Academy with a selective membership. Membership criteria will require a formal review process with membership selection being a form of high honors. Membership in the Academy is for five years and may be renewable based on evidence of contributions to the academy’s activities and participation in its programs. Members who are elected are expected to actively participate in academy events, including attendance and participation in scheduled Academy meetings (to be held on a roughly once monthly basis). Members will be asked to self-report on engagement on an annual basis, including programming they wish to see developed or expanded. In the application, candidates are asked to indicate areas in which they may desire to participate; these will be finalized after Academy Fellows are selected.
Click here to watch the Academy Overview and question/answer session.
Before submitting your application, please review the following information to assist you in submitting an appropriate application.
- Align statement of interest to the criteria metrics.
- A minimum of three years’ experience as a faculty member is required beyond terminal/last training experience, inclusive of all teaching/faculty experience.
- Statement of interest should include a statement on how Academy membership relates to the candidate’s professional and personal goals as an educator and a portfolio demonstrating their expertise in the two focus areas selected below.
- At least one letter of recommendation is required from by a Program/Department chair or someone who can validate the candidate’s educational expertise and contributions.
- Supplementary documentation examples and Mentoring History.
Applications Accepted: June 2023, specific date TBD. Applications are reviewed by a committee of Washington University School of Medicine educators and external reviewers.
Application review criteria: Criteria Matrix.